Jubilee USA Network seeks to hire a Communications Director at Jubilee's fast-paced and results-motivated national office. Jubilee only seeks exceptional, professional, strategic and organized individuals who are passionate to impact policies that affect millions of vulnerable people annually.
Supervisor: The Communications Director is supervised by the Deputy Director who is in turn supervised by the Executive Director. Jubilee's Executive Director hires the Communications Director.
Location: Washington, D.C.
Jubilee USA Network is an alliance of more than 75 U.S. organizations, 400 faith communities and 50 Jubilee global partners. Jubilee's mission is to build an economy that serves, protects and promotes participation of the most vulnerable. Jubilee wins critical global financial reforms and has won more than $130 billion in debt relief to benefit the world's poorest people.
The Communications Director (CD) is an entry level to mid-level position depending on the candidate hired. The Communications Director leads the network's communications efforts, including overseeing internal communications, general administration and leading external media relations. The CD works directly with the Deputy Director and other staff to achieve the organization's media goals, effective donor communications and oversees a variety of administrative office operations. The CD also oversees the organization's internship program.
- Design and implement Jubilee USA's communications work
- Lead media relations, garnering earned media in online and print sources in accordance with organizational work plan
- Lead website and database development; manage and ensure implementation of new and updated content for site
- Conceive, write, edit, design, and produce Jubilee USA materials including educational materials, reports, and donor communications
- Ensure effective communication of key organizational news, priorities, and action opportunities via the web, email, and regular mail
- Work with Deputy Director to ensure achievement of organization's fundraising communications
- Conceive and implement donor communications (regular mail and email) to individual and major donors
- Generate and analyze reports on major donors, tracking progress towards goals
- Ensure efficient processing of donations, maintenance of donor records, and regular donor correspondence
- Coordinate the intern program and work with staff to provide a rewarding experience for Jubilee interns
- Coordinate Jubilee USA's Annual Network Council meetings and other large events
- Ensure that managerial and general administrative tasks that arise are completed or delegated to appropriate position
Leading candidates will possess the following qualities:
- Bachelors Degree
- 1 to 2 years of experience in a professional office environment
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized
- Strong writing and editing skills for a wide range of audiences, including policy makers, grassroots supporters, and funders
- Experience working with religious community
- Experience working with and managing online fundraising and communications databases. Familiarity with Nation Builder and Web Design a plus
- Able to coordinate communications and logistics for large events and network activities
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of international development and international financial system
- Willingness to learn and work hard and efficiently
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to commit to Jubilee USA for a minimum of 18 month
Compensation: Salary range dependent on experience. Strong, comprehensive medical and hospitalization plan; starting at 3 weeks of vacation and an 8 day office closure at the end of the year (some telework is necessary during that period), generous compensation time policy plus fringe benefits; up to 5 percent annual cost-of-living adjustment based on budget and employee's ability to meet expectations; participation in unemployment and worker's compensation and social security.
Jubilee USA Network is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified persons are encouraged to apply regardless of their religious affiliation, race, age, sex, sexual orientation or nature of disability.
Application Process: Qualified applicants should send a cover letter, resume, a 1-2 page writing sample and three work-related references to jobs(at)jubileeusa.org with "Communications Director Application" in the subject line. No calls, please. Due to the high volume of responses anticipated, personal responses can only be guaranteed for candidates advancing to the next step of the application process.
Closing Date: Until filled.