We are currently accepting applications - deadline to apply is June 30, 2013 but we encourage early applicants.
Are you looking for a meaningful way to spend the next year? Do you want to work on global justice issues and gain some valuable organizing, writing and professional experience?
Jubilee USA Network (www.jubileeusa.org) is building an economy that serves, protects and promotes participation of the most vulnerable. Jubilee USA Network has won critical global financial reforms and more than $130 billion in debt relief for the world's poorest people. We are an alliance of more than 75 US organizations, 250 faith communities and 50 Jubilee global partners. Jubilee fellows are an integral part of Jubilee's dedicated team.
- Working closely with Jubilee's outreach team to design and implement grassroots campaigns;
- Creating grassroots-friendly education, worship and campaign materials;
- Working closely with and supporting a network of volunteers across the country;
- Supporting the Jubilee Congregations program;
- Designing and implementing e-activism and new media campaigns;
- Coordinating monthly conference calls for Jubilee grassroots activists and bi-monthly conference calls for Jubilee Congregations;
- Public speaking at conferences and events;
- Filling requests for information and orders;
- Helping with other office tasks;
- Working with staff on other staff-wide priority projects as need arises; and
- Other responsibilities are flexible depending on the skills and interests of the fellow.
- Exhibit commitment to social and economic justice;
- Have outreach and organizing experience;
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Be flexible and self-motivated;
- Be able to work well with people of diverse backgrounds;
- Knowledge of international debt, economic justice issues and advocacy experience is a plus; and
- Basic computer skills and knowledge required.
- Three weeks vacation;
- Christmas week and Federal government holidays off;
- Living stipend provided; and
- Career experience and networking.
This is a year-long fellowship.
To apply, please email Jubilee USA Network firstname.lastname@example.org your cover letter, resume and 1-2 page writing sample.
Applications are due by June 30, 2013 but we encourage early applications. We also encourage applicants who have applied previously to reapply.
The Jubilee USA Network is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified persons are encouraged to apply regardless of their religious affiliation, race, age, sex, sexual orientation or nature of disability.
Jeremy Weyl is the Congregations and Outreach Fellow for the Jubilee USA Network. He received his undergraduate degree in International Development and Social Change, and his Masters in Community Development and Planning from Clark University. At his university, he organized various student-wide campaigns around corporate globalization, university labor issues and climate change. Throughout his time as a student he worked with the Worcester Roots Project to address environmental justice issues around lead poisoning in the city of Worcester.