The Jubilee USA Network is governed by an 75 member Network Council of organizations.
Jubilee USA Network offers a number of services and opportunities for Network Council members including:
- Opportunities to network and meet with members of a broad national network, at annual meetings and monthly conference calls, and occasional social and other gatherings
- Regular updates and news though our various listserves open only to Network Council members
- Connections to a growing grassroots network of individuals and chapters across the country, including our growing network of Jubilee Congregations
- Input on decision-making and leadership of the Jubilee USA Network
In return, we ask the members of the Jubilee USA Network Council commit to:
- Support the platform of Jubilee USA Network
- Send an organizational representative to the annual meeting of Network Council members, where leadership is elected, broad plans discussed and approved, and powerful speakers motivate us for the work ahead. The 2007 meeting will be held in October in Washington D.C.
- Spread the education and action materials of Jubilee USA and its member organizations among your networks and report annually on your participation in action and outreach.
- Make a financial contribution to the ongoing work of Jubilee USA. Even if the contribution is nominal, we ask every Network Council to make an annual donation to help us to meet our budget.
In addition to the annual Network Council meeting, we invite Network Council members to join in of our active working groups, each of which meets via conference call monthly.
The Policy Working Group brings together organizations to discuss, update, and strategize around our advocacy, policy, and research agenda.
Our Grassroots Working Group brings together leaders from local Jubilee chapters and active Jubilee members across the country each month to share updates, inspiration, successes, and strategies for local and grassroots organizing on debt and global justice issues.
If you are interested in becoming a Network Council member please contact Eric LeCompte, Executive Director at eric(at)jubileeusa.org or 202-783-0129.