Want to get your voice heard? Send a Letter to the Editor!
Here are a few tips:
1. Letters should be short and concise, typically about 200 words, or about four short paragraphs. For a news magazine or a radio news show, they should be even shorter, about 100 words. Letters should be written with passion, using strong but not strident language.
2. If you can comment on a specific story or editorial covering your issue that appeared in the paper, please do so, mentioning the headline and date.
3. When emailing, include exactly one e-mail address in the "To:" field. Don't send to editors via "Cc:" or "Bcc:" and send your letter in the body of the e-mail message, not as an attachment. Also include a daytime telephone number in case the newspaper wants to verify that you are the author. Bear in mind that it usually takes at least a week from the time a newspaper receives a letter before it gets published. Weekly papers and news magazines take even longer.
4. Please mention Jubilee USA Network by name, either in the text or by identifying yourself as a Jubilee USA Network member or supporter below your signature.
5. After you send a letter, check that paper's or magazine's website to see if it ran. Make sure to send a copy to the Jubilee USA office, so that we can publicize your work.
Still need help? Click here for more detailed directions.