Sign our COVID-19 Jubilee White House, IMF, G20 Letter:
- Download the letter and a signature page as a PDF
- Or sign the letter online as a faith community or as an individual signatory
Host a watch party:
- Global Webinar on Curing the Coronavirus Health & Economic Crisis using Zero Debt Solutions
- Religions for Peace: The Role of Faith Institutions in Combating Debt in the Age of COVID-19
- London School of Economics Webinar on African Debt Relief During COVID-19
Host a reading group:
- Eric LeCompte Addresses United Nations on Covid-19 Recovery or download as a PDF
- The World’s Poor Are Drowning in Debt. Here’s How to Help Them or download as a PDF As published in Barron's
This year's Jubilee Weekend 2020: Curing Poverty, Inequality and the Coronavirus will be held October 16th - 18th, the same weekend as the major IMF and World Bank meetings this year. We need your help to lift the voices of the faithful in defense of the world’s most vulnerable during this critical time. With your help, we can expand debt relief for the 73 poorest countries and move forward more aid for developing countries.
This year is really important. The United Nations estimates that 265 million more people are facing famine due to the coronavirus crisis. The International Labor Organization says 400 million jobs will be wiped out and the IMF asserts the current economic crisis rivals the Great Depression.
During Jubilee Weekend 2020: Curing Poverty, Inequality and the Coronavirus, the IMF and World Bank will make decisions that will determine whether or not tens of millions of people will enter extreme poverty or if hundreds of millions of people in the US and around the world can exit poverty. As coronavirus wreaks havoc around the globe and induces a global economic crisis on par with the Great Depression, we need to make a strong call for debt cancellation, relief and increased aid to address the crisis in developing countries.
We cannot do this without you. We need hundreds of faith communities to offer one prayer during October 16-18 and organizations to take actions. The list of participants sent to decision makers is what moves forward our campaigns. Please sign-up your faith community or organization for one prayer or action.
Join Christian, Muslim, Jewish, and other faith communities as we pray and act for global policies that put an end to poverty, inequality, and the coronavirus.
See the list of the faith communities and congregations who've already signed up for Jubilee Weekend here.