Protect Taxpayers, Prevent Future Debt Crises
State legislators decide on laws that affect every aspect of US citizens' lives and in the case of the New York Taxpayer and International Debt Crises Protection Act, the lives of developing countries citizens' and our planet. In the face of unsustainable inflation, supply shocks, rising food costs and developing country debt crises, we are calling on New York State legislators to pass The New York Taxpayer and International Debt Crises Protection Act.
Join us on Tuesday, May 2nd for a day of action and press conference at the New York State Capitol to advocate for the New York Taxpayer and International Debt Crises Protection Act.
9:30 AM – 10:00 AM: Arrival and Breakfast at Bull Moose Club
10:00 AM – 10:30 AM: Opening Remarks & Testimonials from Local Leaders
Rev. Nicolle D. Jean-Simon, Duryee Amez Memorial Church
- Rev. Dustin G Longmire, Pastor at Messiah Lutheran Church
- Jacob King, First Unitarian Society of Albany
- Amaury Tañon-Santos from Schenectady Community Ministries
- Rev. Nicolle D. Jean-Simon, Duryee Amez Memorial Church
- 10:30 AM – 11:00 AM: Training
- 11:00 AM - 11:15 AM: Walking to NYS Capitol Building and going through security
Note: Our gathering space between meetings, from this time to 4 pm, will be a table by the McDonald's in the Empire State Plaza's food court. (Please find a Plaza map here.).
- 11:30 AM - 1:15 PM: Legislative Meetings
- 1:15 PM - 1:30 PM: Move to the Million Dollar Staircase for press conference
- 1:30 PM - 2:00 PM: Press Conference
- 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Later Advocacy Visits (TBD)
- 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Walk back and debrief at Bull Moose Club