Jubilee USA Network is always looking for talented people passionate about working to change policies that drive extreme poverty and inequality to join the team. Please find information about job openings and internships opportunities below.
Spring 2021 Internship Program
Are you seeking an opportunity to strengthen your advocacy skills and grow your career? At Jubilee USA Network, we work together to advocate for policy change that strikes at the roots of global poverty. We are seeking student Associates who are passionate about social justice and love working in a team environment. In addition to a collaborative environment, we also offer a variety of professional development opportunities that will help you advance your career as an advocate of social justice in the nonprofit and government sectors.
Professional Development Opportunities
- Curate a professional portfolio by documenting projects, memos, and other relevant material throughout the term. This allows Associates to demonstrate their experience in the workplace through valuable writing samples that are relevant to their future career goals. Examples of portfolio materials could include research briefs, official memos, major event announcements, press releases, graphic design products, and other projects. We have templates for many of these items that help professionalize Associates' portfolios.
- Receive one-on-one mentorship: from the Director of Policy and Advocacy. Each Associate meets with the Director in their first week to discuss their goals for the internship and their larger professional and academic goals. The Director will work with Associates to assign projects in alignment with those goals throughout the term. At the end of the internship, Associates will 1) reflect on their experience and 2) discuss next steps with the Director to determine how they can most strategically move forward in their career and how Jubilee can be a long-term resource. Throughout the term (and beyond!), the Director is available for resume help, referrals, and career advice.
- Participate in Policy Forums where Associates interface directly with policy experts who have decades of domestic and international experience on issues within Jubilee’s policy portfolio.
- Strengthen transferable hard skills by gaining hands-on experience with various types of software common in the nonprofit sector: Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Content Management Systems (CMS), and project management software. Experience with any of these is not required to join the team - we’ll happily teach you from scratch!
- Develop relationships by working closely with a cohort of 4-6 Associates in a highly collaborative environment. Almost every major project is assigned to a team, which allows Associates to build relationships and balance multiple projects alongside one another.
- Exercise creativity and leadership: If you have an idea on how we can improve an existing process or you have an idea for an entirely new initiative, you can lead a pilot project to implement your idea in consultation with the Director.
- End the term with an official letter of recommendation: The Director will issue an official letter of recommendation to high-performing Associates upon request at the end of the internship.
To apply, email your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the name of the position you are seeking in the subject line. (You may also mention that you are open to multiple positions in your email if that is the case.) We are accepting applications on a rolling basis and have the capacity to take on four to six associates in the spring cohort. While this is an unpaid internship, we enthusiastically work with the student and their college to offer academic credit. The Spring term runs from January 4, 2021 to May 14, 2021.
Please click the below links to read more about each position:
Jubilee USA Network
Jubilee USA Network is an interfaith, non-profit alliance of religious, development and advocacy organizations. We are 75 U.S. institutions and more than 750 faith groups working across the United States and around the globe to strike at the roots of poverty and inequality. Our policy portfolio encompasses the following structural issues:
Debt and Lending
Tax, Transparency, Accountability and Corruption
Consumer Financial Protections
Preventing Financial Crisis and Austerity
We would love for you to join us in this mission!