The Communications Associate works closely with the Communications & Operations Manager and other Associates to implement our campaigns by engaging in the nuts and bolts of media outreach and relations. This position includes daily tasks and special projects related to Jubilee's external communications, including writing and editing online content, organizational resources, and press materials. This role can be flexible and grow to fit the Associate's evolving interests, skills, and career goals.
- Helping write, edit and design educational, grassroots, and marketing materials
- Coordinating Jubilee's social media strategy
- Writing and disseminating press materials
- Posting content to various local media platforms
- Ensuring the website and blog are updated
- Designing graphics and leading creative projects
- Conducting media research and corresponding with reporters
- Providing administrative support in the following areas:
- Data management: Adding or updating contacts in our databases and maintaining key website pages
- Office functions: Assisting with mailings and other related administration to support Jubilee’s communication efforts
- Jubilee USA sponsored events: Helping with event preparation, taking notes during events, and participating in post-event reflection
- Attending coalition meetings with leaders from allied organizations
- Drafting summary memos to senior leadership as needed
- Attending virtual events on behalf of Jubilee USA
- Working with staff on other priority projects as needs arise
Ideal candidates have an interest or experience in working with social media, external communications, and/or basic graphic design. We're looking for strong attention to detail, robust writing skills, social media savvy, the ability to balance competing priorities, and enthusiasm for collaborating in a team setting with people of diverse backgrounds. Best suited for those interested in working in the press, external affairs or communications. Knowledge of or interest in economic justice issues is a plus. Positive attitude and enthusiasm is a must!
To apply, email your updated resume to [email protected] and include the name of the position(s) you are seeking in the subject line. Please mention if you are open to multiple positions in your email if that is the case. We are accepting applications on a rolling basis and have the capacity to take on four to six associates in the cohort. While this is an unpaid internship, we enthusiastically work with the student and their college to offer academic credit. The Summer term runs from May 23 to August 19. Note: This internship can be completed entirely virtually but preference may be given to Associates who can participate in person.