Today, #GivingTuesday, falls during multiple global crises that can often feel like too much to comprehend. Because of you, Jubilee USA won hundreds of billions of aid to confront the pandemic and debt, food, disaster and climate crises. World leaders are considering our proposals to prevent future crises. These solutions are needed to help every day households in the US, Puerto Rico and the entire world.
Please donate to Jubilee USA Network to support our mission and efforts to address global crises and the structures that create poverty, inequality and harm to our planet. Your tax-deductible gift is matched and doubled now.
Over the past year, your generosity meant:
The New York Taxpayer and International Debt Crises Protection Act, with bipartisan support, was the first global debt relief legislation to move out of committee in the New York State legislature in 20 years
- From the US and other wealthy countries, we won pledges of $87 billion in Special Drawing Rights to support developing countries
- The G20 approved proposals that increase development bank loans, aid and grants by $15 billion a year, and we are moving them to provide hundreds of billions more
- As 60% of Puerto Rico's children live in poverty, we convened the leaders of the largest Puerto Rico and US religious groups to sign a letter to Congress calling for Puerto Rico to receive the same level of nutritional assistance (food stamps) that US States receive
We organized and supported a New York, national and global coalition of over 60 groups, comprising the largest unions, major religious institutions, development groups, notable economists, finance ministers, powerful environmental organizations, our global partners and high-level United Nations officials
In partnership with Africa's interfaith religious leaders and biggest religious institutions, we are advocating for debt relief, new economic policies and effective use of aid resources for pandemic response, the climate crisis and recovery in Africa
- We convened some of the world's most notable experts for a process to improve debt relief assessments and align them with labor, human development and climate goals
- The US and other wealthy countries committed to a minimum of $100 billion in climate finance after 2025, and a new fund to compensate countries most vulnerable to climate change
- We addressed world leaders at some of the largest global decision-making forums at the United Nations, World Bank and International Monetary Fund
- Hundreds of thousands of newspapers and television and radio shows covered our Jubilee USA efforts
Please join me and make a tax-deductible gift this #GivingTuesday, so Jubilee USA can continue to create and advocate for solutions that save lives, our planet, and prevent future crisis. Donations are doubled now.