Today we are releasing our 2019 year-end report.
It's a year for the record books:
- We passed our bipartisan Jubilee Corporate Transparency Act in the House of Representatives and won White House and Treasury support. After a decade of work, our legislation reveals the true owners of “anonymous” shell companies, stops human traffickers, defends vulnerable communities and protects development aid and debt relief.
- We won more than $69 billion in disaster aid for Puerto Rico, Minnesota, Texas, Iowa, Florida and other US States recovering from natural disasters. We expedited aid for Puerto Rico.
- Our messages to Congress successfully pushed the advisers of Puerto Rico’s debt restructuring to disclose conflicts of interest and stopped $8 billion dollars of bad debt being paid.
- We won support for Somalia debt relief from the White House, State Department, Treasury, IMF and World Bank.
- We moved the White House to support a new NAFTA agreement to stop “vulture funds” and protect vulnerable people.
- Pope Francis and the Vatican highlighted our analysis on debt, tax, climate, trade
- During the Spring IMF and World Bank meetings, Jubilee USA organized the main
event for world leaders on stopping financial and debt crises.
- Our Jubilee USA efforts to end poverty were covered in tens of thousands of newspapers, magazines and television programs around the world.
Please read our full 2019 year-end report.
We appreciate your partnership and I invite you, to join me and make a contribution to support Jubilee USA's interfaith, bipartisan campaigns today.
Ahead of #GivingTuesday, all gifts made now to support Jubilee USA are doubled.
Because of the tax reform and many people prioritizing gifts to political campaigns and partisan messages, our donations are lower this year. Please make a tax-deductible gift to Jubilee USA today and that gift will be doubled.
We are so grateful for your partnership,