We are excited to see you at Jubilee USA's Annual Network Council Meeting on Thursday, November 7th to be held in the Dirksen Senate Office Building Room SD-106 from 11:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
The meeting will include lunch, presentations from Members of Congress and their staff, intensive strategy sessions and close with a Capital social.
When you register, and pay the registration fee of $14.00, up to 6 of your staff and interns are invited to attend.
As we prepare for moving forward our campaigns and a new strategic plan for the next 5 years, we are organizing this year's meeting different than in the past. We'll hear from Members of Congress, Congressional staff, partners and grassroots advocates for each of our campaigns and then move into small groups to brainstorm and strategize. Your inputs at this meeting will directly impact our immediate joint campaigns and our national and grassroots strategies for the next 5 years.
When you join us, the break outs, presentations and strategy sessions will focus on:
- Winning Somalia and Mozambique debt relief.
- Climate debt and moving forward climate action finance policies as developing countries face more extreme weather events.
- The Corporate Transparency Act. This legislations stops "Panama Papers" financial secrecy. This behavior facilitates the theft of debt relief aid, human trafficking and contributes to the loss of more than a trillion dollars of revenue in the developing world.
- Debt and disaster relief for Puerto Rico. Already our efforts together won $50 billion in aid and moved forward a super bankruptcy process for the island.
- A new NAFTA trade deal that ensures vulnerable populations can access the medicines they need. Working together, we already moved the White House to eliminate harmful provisions in trade agreements that favor predatory, debt-collecting hedge funds and abusive corporations.
- Student debt, predatory debt collection and payday lending. Working together, we ensured certain types of student loans had low interest rates. Our interfaith work can build bridges to protect students and consumers.
- Next year we will hold a prayer-study-action retreat with all of our Network Council. We will focus on what the Jubilee promise means globally, nationally, in our communities and in our homes. Major theologians, experts and interfaith leaders will present.
Registration is $14, and admits up to 6 staff, interns and volunteers from your organization. Registration includes lunch, materials, presentations and a Capital social.
Please contact Kate Zeller at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-783-3566 if you have any questions or needs.