The Outreach Associate works closely with the Director of Policy and Advocacy and other Associates to implement our campaigns by strengthening our grassroots outreach program. This position includes developing resources for grassroots supporters and assisting with engagement efforts toward Jubilee's Network Council members, congregations, faith communities, and other partners. This role can be flexible and grow to fit the Associate's evolving interests, skills, and career goals.
- Designing and implementing e-activism and new media campaigns
- Maintaining project data across the office and advising the Director on emerging trends
- Providing assistance to senior leadership on key events and program engagement efforts
- Creating education and campaign materials that are accessible to a wide audience
- Developing content on various platforms to amplify our efforts
- Drafting communication to external partners
- Providing administrative support in the following areas:
- Data management: Adding or updating contacts in our databases and maintaining key website pages
- Office functions: Assisting with administrative processes to support Jubilee's outreach programs
- Jubilee USA sponsored events: Helping with event preparation, taking notes during events, and participating in post-event reflection
- Attending coalition meetings with leaders from allied organizations
- Drafting summary memos to senior leadership as needed
- Working with staff on other priority projects as need arises
- Attending virtual events on behalf of Jubilee USA
Ideal candidates have interest or experience in organizing, data skills, and stakeholder relations. We're looking for strong attention to detail, robust writing skills, the ability to balance competing priorities, a willingness to take on new and creative projects in a professional environment, and enthusiasm for collaborating in a team setting with people of diverse backgrounds. Knowledge of or interest in economic justice issues and/or different faith traditions is a plus but not required. Positive attitude and enthusiasm is a must!
Email your updated resume to [email protected] and include the name of the position you are seeking in the subject line. (You may also mention that you are open to multiple positions in your email if that is the case.) We are accepting applications on a rolling basis and have the capacity to take on four to six associates in the cohort. While this is an unpaid internship, we enthusiastically work with the student and their college to offer academic credit. The Summer term runs from May 17, 2021 to August 20, 2021. Note: This internship can be completed entirely virtually. Associates who are local to DC during the term will have the option to come into the office on occasion.