The Policy Associate works closely with the Communications and Outreach Director and other Associates to implement our advocacy campaigns by tracking policy issues and working with coalition partners. This position includes a wide range of research, writing, outreach, lobbying, and education. This role can be flexible and grow to fit the Associate's evolving interests, skills, and career goals.
- Attending coalition meetings with leaders from allied organizations
- Drafting summary memos to senior leadership as needed
- Researching and writing materials for outreach to policymakers and the public
- Maintaining Jubilee's policy lists in relevant databases
- Updating advocacy and policy content on Jubilee's website
- Tracking Jubilee's policy areas
- Communicating with partners about current activities and campaigns
- Providing administrative support in the following areas:
- Data management: Adding or updating contacts in our databases and maintaining key website pages
- Office functions: Assisting with administrative processes to support Jubilee's grassroots, development, and policy activities
- Jubilee USA sponsored events: Helping with event preparation, taking notes during events, and participating in post-event reflection
- Attending events on behalf of Jubilee USA
- Working with staff on other priority projects as needs arise
Ideal candidates have knowledge of or an interest in domestic and international economic policy issues. We're looking for strong attention to detail, robust writing skills, academic and/or professional research experience, and enthusiasm for collaborating in a team setting with people of diverse backgrounds. Working toward or having completed an undergraduate degree in economics, finance, public policy, or related field is a plus but not required. Positive attitude and enthusiasm is a must!
To apply, email your updated resume to [email protected] and include the name of the position(s) you are seeking in the subject line. Please mention if you are open to multiple positions in your email if that is the case. We are accepting applications on a rolling basis and have the capacity to take on four to six associates in the cohort. While this is an unpaid internship, we enthusiastically work with the student and their college to offer academic credit. The Fall term runs from August 28 to December 15. Note: This internship can be completed entirely virtually but preference may be given to Associates who can participate in person.