During the week of October 9-15th, the International Monetary Fund (IMF), World Bank and G20 will meet to make decisions that will determine which direction the world will go to solve the polycrisis. During the first rise in extreme poverty in a generation, we need your faith community to pray with us and help us move world leaders to make decisions that lead the world in the right direction.
Jubilee USA was born out of the Jubilee 2000 movement, during which faith communities from all over the world came together to call for tackling the structural causes of poverty and canceling the debt of poor countries around the world. They argued that instead of paying debt, resources should go to reducing poverty and providing healthcare and education for those most in need.
As the Jubilee year of 2025 approaches, we need to regain the same momentum, so that we can truly create an economy that protects and promotes the participation of the most vulnerable. Your work with us is essential to educate the masses on these economic issues that virtually affect every person on this planet. Whilst developing countries spend double or more on debt payments than they spend on health, we need to win more debt relief and the right tools to obtain that. We need your help and prayers to move this much needed debt relief so that countries are able to take care of their people.
Sign-up your faith community to offer one prayer during your religious service the weekend of October 14th - 15th. Join Jewish, Christian, Muslim and other faith communities as we pray for increased debt relief to enable developing countries to invest in vital public services such as healthcare, climate infrastructure and education. You can find sample prayers, a petition, suggested readings and videos in our Jubilee Weekend 2023 packet here.
Host a watch party:
- Prioritizing Vulnerable Communities in Global Finance
- Global Debt Webinar: Debt, Disaster, and Corruption
Host a reading group:
- Eric LeCompte Addresses 46 Ministers of the Least Developed Countries and United Nations or download as a PDF
- Addressing Debt Crises, Healthcare Access, and the Pandemic or download as a PDF As published in the Journal of Carnegie Council for Ethics in International Affairs
Sign our COVID-19 Jubilee White House, IMF, G20 Letter:
- Download the letter and a signature page as a PDF
- Or sign the letter online as a faith community or as an individual signatory
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me by email at [email protected] or by phone at (202) 964-0134.